Tara described it really well, like this:
The awards, such as they are seem to have retained their current forms, so I will attempt to overcome my crawling aversion to anything that smacks of a chain letter and go ahead and nominate some bloggers in their turn for both awards at the same time. I hate chain letters, psychobabble cults, multi-level marketing schemes and when people urge you to dedicate your Facebook status to kittens for an hour so that all kittens will live. But I love good bloggers. And I owe a debt of gratitude to those that I read and who read me, since I couldn’t do it without them. Truly–we are like a Quaker Society who Tweet and drop f-bombs.
(From her post, “I Hate Chain Letters but I Love Good Bloggers“)
I totally agree. Especially about the Facebook status chain letter things. Remember when you used to get those e-mails in your super rad AOL inbox that were from five-year-olds with cancer, and they’d only get better if you forwarded this message? Welcome to AOL Cancer Kid: Version 2012.
Anyway, I feel the same. I hate that crap, but I can’t resist a fantastic blog post. And thus, I pass it on.
Here are the rules:
- Add the award to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you, by including a link to his/her blog.
- Nominate fifteen fellow bloggers who you feel truly deserve the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Inform them all that you’ve nominated them.
- Mention seven random things about yourself.
- List the rules.
I’ve already done 1, 2, and 6, so logically, 5 comes next.
- I eat clam chowder super weird. I basically only eat the broth, then I pick out half the potatoes, and leave everything else in the bowl.
- Randomly, I’ll want to up and leave Colorado and move to the weirdest places. Included have been the Irish countryside, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Ecuador, the middle of Appalachia, and Oregon. The one place that stays the same, ALWAYS, is Vermont.
- When I was thirteen (maybe fourteen?), I stress fractured one of my metatarsals dancing. When I complained to one of my en pointe (dancing on your toes) teachers, she accused me making up the pain in my foot. When I had the diagnosis confirmed, I told her in front of my entire class, because she had tried to call me out in front of them all. I’ve never regretted that.
- I can make lasagna, completely from scratch, without any kind of recipe to guide me, and it always turns out FANTASTIC. I cannot, however, cook any kind of frozen food to an appropriate temperature or edible consistency.
- I’ve always wished I was two inches shorter than I am, with thick, copper-colored hair, a face full of freckles, and an hourglass figure. That girl is my alter ego, but she doesn’t have a name.
- My favorite scent in the world anything made with cinnamon, baking. My second favorite scent in the world is vanilla.
- I want about eight more tattoos, four more piercings, a wardrobe like the one on my Pinterest, and a job that lets me show all of it off. I want to be journalist of some kind, I think.
So here’s the thing. I made a blogroll about a week ago, and those are basically the same people I would give this award to. I’m still finding and reading and loving new blogs all the time. So I encourage you to go up to the “I Stalk, Too” tab at the top of the page and check ALL of those people out. They’re totally awesome. All of them. If your site is on that page, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, so all of this applies to you…so get going on your VBA nominations!!